This is just a Tribute

“I wrote the first thing that came out of my head. It just happened to be, the best article in the world.”
(Inspired by “The best song in the world” by Tenacious D.)
The best articles in the world are shaped in our mind; we dream them, we think them through but we actually never write them. In the past I wrote several articles on Intelligent Automation and Robotics. The first of these series came easy, later on creating a new contribution started to become more and more of a struggle. It’s been more than 6 months since my last article and about time to write a new one. But where to start? And how to finish?
In this blog series, I will guide you through my writing process, including my first drafts and potential revisions.
How to write an article
Writing is a structured, goal-driven activity. I have studied Linguistic Competence (The science of communication – in my case Writing) at University and I have learned the following activity plan:
  1. Define your goal
  2. Define your audience
  3. Define the context
  4. Create the overall structure
  5. Write
  6. Revise
  7. Publish
So, let’s see how this works out with the new article I am about to write. In my next article in this series I will focus on the first 3 steps out of this activity list. The end result - after step 7 - should be an article on LinkedIn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using the Golden Circle Model in your resume and LinkedIn profile

Improve Product and Brand engagement through smart documentation - A White Paper about the challenge of creating user-centric documentation

Laying the foundation for an effective article